We couldn’t possibly feature all the activities, attractions, and friends we suggest you visit while on the island, but we do want to make the following suggestions for your St. Croix vacation:
FREDERIKSTED: Activities, Restaurants, Tours and Shops
- Cruzan Rum Distillery – guided tours show you how Cruzan Rum is made right here on St. Croix, with complimentary tastings.
- Paul + Jill’s Equestrian Stables – guided horseback riding tours through the rainforst and along the coastline.
- St Georges Village Botanical Gardens – take a guided tour or stroll the gardens on your own.
- Caribbean Museum Center – gallery, museum, and educational center for the arts
- Whim Plantation Museum – restored plantation great house and rum factory ruins
- Lawaetz Museum at Little La Grange – residence and museum of Danish Lawaetz family since early 1900s when St. Croix was a Danish colony
- Scuba Shack – Diving, Snorkeling, Kayaking in Frederiksted area
- Beachside Cafe – fine dining along the water’s edge (3 minute walk from Sugar Hill).
NORTH SHORE: Activities, Restaurants, Tours and Shops
- Caribbean Adventure Tours – guided kayak tours and kayak rentals at Salt River
- Cane Bay Dive Shop – Diving at “the wall”
- Virgin Kayak Company – kayak rentals and tours from Cane Bay
- Off The Wall – casual beach bar and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Waves at Cane Bay – fine dining serving dinner only.
CHRISTIANSTED: Activities, Restaurants, Tours and Shops
- Christiansted National Historic Site – a beautiful park consisting of 4 historic buildings on the water, with access to Christiansted boardwalk
- Big Beards Adventure Tours – full and half day trips to explore the underwater reef at Buck Island, an underwater national monument
- Maria Henle Studio – St. Croix artists’ gallery and studio
- Crucian Gold – St. Croix jewelers selling original designs
- Sonya Ltd. -creators of the original “hook bracelet” is celebrating more than 40 years as a local favorite
- Landmarks Museum Store – gift store to benefit the St Croix with mahogany furniture, books, art, home decor items, and plenty of souvenirs.
- Many Hands – store representing dozens of local artists with something for every budget
- Steele’s Smokes and Sweets – St. Croix’s oldest cigar and sweets shop with handmade fudge in tropical flavors.
- Rum Runners Restaurant – popular Christiansted restaurant on the waterfront, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
- Restaurant Bacchus – fine dining in the upstairs of an old townhouse
EAST END : Activities, Restaurants, Tours and Shops
- Base Array Telescope – guided tours availalbe of this giant telescope, one of only 10 in the world
- Divi Carina Bay Casino – the only casino in the US Virgin Islands is on St. Croix’s east end. Live entertainment every night.
- Schooner Bay Market Place – gourmet food market with “Grab-n-Go” foods prepared. Get some sandwiches and refreshments to go!
- Cheeseburger In Paradise – an island institution with a large menu offering great burgers and so much more.
- Island House at Chenay Bay – fine dining with a beautiful ocean view
GoToStCroix.com – Produced entirely by island residents, GoToStCroix.com has useful information, links, articles, maps, photos, and 2 live webcams to help make your time on St. Croix great! St. Croix This Week – popular island magazine published monthly.
- Avis Rent-a-Car
- Budget Rent-a-Car
- Centerline Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Judi of Croix Car Rental
- Olympic Rent-a-Car
- Skyline Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Seaborne Airlines
- Sweeny’s Safari Tours
EVENTS – Please check the calendar on GoToStCroix.com for dates and details of these and other island events that coincide with your stay.
- Jazz + Wine Event – every Saturday night at Beachside Cafe – res. needed
- Sunset Jazz in Frederiksted – once a month on Friday evenings FREE!
- Christiansted Jump Up – once a quarter FREE!
- Art Thursday – once a month on first Thursday of each month FREE!
- Crucian Festival – once year from Christmas to Three Kings Day FREE!